Early Childhood Family Specialist (ECFS) – for individuals whose primary focus is prevention. This includes home visitors, family support specialists, First Steps providers, Parent Educators, Inclusion Specialists, NICU nurses, and many others.
Requirements for ECFS Endorsement
- Masters or Bachelors degree
- Minimum 2 years of prevention and/or early intervention service to 3- up to 6-year-olds & their families; served a minimum of 10 families
- Minimum 30 hours, average 60 hours
Membership in INfancy Onward
Code of Ethics
Reflective Supervision or Consultation (RSC)
- Minimum 24 clock hours within a 12-month to 24-month time period while working with 3- up to 6-year olds and families and/or while providing supervision to staff who are providing services to young children (3 to 6 years old) and their families
1. Current program supervisor, teacher, trainer or consultant.
2. Person providing RSC
3. Another supervisor, teacher, trainer or consultant; or a colleague
- Applicant will submit an application that demonstrates that they have met both the requirements and the competencies specified for the Endorsement for which they are applying. Details about competencies can be found within the Competency Guidelines (MI-AIMH Copyright © 2017).
Ready for your ECFS Endorsement?
This is just a summary; for the full description of the requirements by Endorsement category, please consult the Competency Guidelines.